Bev Track is a ‘spring feed shelf management system’ that is used for cold vaults, coolers and shelves. The client is currently exploring using Bev Track in modern retail outlets and would like to gauge the experience through real test cases.
For a deeper understanding of the benefits accrued by Bev Track, a research has been devised to gauge the shopper experience with Bev Track and the various advantages it offers.
Understand the change in shopper-experience with Bev Track installed in shelves at retail outlets and the way it is enhancing shop-ability. The goal is tracking Bev Track Scenario with Pre and Post Deployment Dynamics at retail outlets.
Pre deployment understanding and Post deployment tracker was undertaken. Consecutive days from the time the shop opens till the end of day was tracked during pre and post modules.
- Despite Bev Track shelves being placed on eye-level, half the people picking up a CSD tried only a Non Bev Track Shelf in the post deployment phase. This could possibly be because of:- Familiarity with the look and feel of the regular shelf, Consumers look out for price labels and offers pasted under the shelves which is an important parameter in their final selection. Since the BT shelves hid the labels, they might have preferred to opt for the Non BT shelf where they were sure of the offer.
- Problems were faced by the consumers in both ‘picking up’ the bottle – they had to try hard in getting the bottle out – as well as ‘replacing’ the bottle – where they had to push the other bottles back and so much effort was needed in this.
- Though most of those who tried the BT shelf had problems (either in taking out or keeping back the bottle), not many voiced it to a sales executive/person on floor. Keeping the bottle back was very frustrating as they had to push back the other bottle to squeeze in the one in their hand.
- However, many consumers expressed their appreciation for the new system’s relevance in Multiple Pick Ups as it is much easier to take out more number of bottles in this as the bottles at the back are pushed forward and so no extra effort is needed on the buyer’s part.
- Almost 75% of the people buy it ‘immediately’ – this was observed especially for the smaller bottles which are possibly for self/immediate consumption compared to the family consumption items such as the larger bottles of CSD and also purchase of Non CSD where flavors, variety are looked at. Hence these are more ‘considered purchases’.
Overall the novelty factor of Bev Track is getting consumers curious, its neat and orderly arrangement is adding to the overall look of the shelf and it is getting notice-ability amongst consumers (especially in multiple pick-ups). The study helped in understanding the dynamics of CSD consumption and also the level of acceptance of the new BT mechanism.